How to increase your typing speed
Tips and Tricks, 23 Jul 2016, 05:38am GMT
1. Setup a proper workplace for your self
The first thing you'll need before you sit and start typing is spacious and a comfortable workplace. Also you'll be better off working or typing on a table than your lap.
2. Believe it or not, the right body posture matters
Try and sit straight and keep your wrists at level with the keyboard, so that your fingers can properly arch over the keys. Try not to slouch too much and sit at a comfortable height.
3. Get your hand position right
Wrong hand position is the first and most common mistake people make while typing. To type better, place you hand and fingers over the keys in the 'home row' and return to that position while at rest. The home row keys are as follows:
4. Try and practice some simple typing exercises like:
5. Learn touch typing (typing without looking at the keyboard)
It's a difficult skill to execute at first but touch typing is generally the fastest way to type once you've mastered it. So start slowly and try to type without looking at the keyboard. Build up your speed gradually and try to stick with it even if you find it difficult initially.
6. Practice, practice and practice
Well, there are no shortcuts to practice and the more you perform the better and faster you'll get.