Rooting your android device does give you a lot of privileges like custom ROM's, kernels, themes and many more, but at the same time it will voids your phone's warranty. If you have a rooted android phone and want to get the warranty return or whatever reason, then you can simply unroot it. Once rooted, your android device will back to its stock‚ firmware with valid warranty. Here I will show you two simple methods to unroot any rooted android phone or tablet. Before you begin to unroot your android phone, make sure you have done the following:
Backup your data: While unrooting, all the data will be wiped out. so make sure to‚ backup all your important data either on your SD card or your PC.
Charge your phone: Ensure that battery is charged to more than 50%.
Use SuperSU app: This method works for all android devices that were rooted without installing custom recovery.
- First download and install SuperSU app from Play Store.
- Launch SuperSU app, go to Settings, and tap on Full unroot.
- It will confirm you just tap continue. After successful, Unroot superuser will close automatically.
- Restart your device
- Uninstall SuperSU and you are fully unrooted.
Use ES File Explorer app: If the above method does not work for you, then you can use this method to unroot your phone.
- Install ES File Explorer app on your device. Don't move it to SD card.
- Open the app and tap the menu button
- Now tap on Tools and select Root Explorer to turn it on.
- Superuser will ask you to grant privilege or root privileges to the app. Allow it.
- Now go back to the main screen of the app and select / in the top corner of the screen.
- Go to system -> bin. Find the busybox and su file and delete them. If you canit find any of them, just skip to the next step.
- Go back to system folder then open bin folder and delete the busybox and su file there (if you found any).
- Now go back to the system folder again and open app folder and then delete the supeuser.apk file located in the folder. That's all.
Now restart your device and it should be unrooted.