10 interesting facts about C language
C is a general-purpose, imperative programming language. It was designed and written by Dennis Ritchie. Every programmer knows the basic syntax of C language. It is one of the most widely used programming languages of all time, and it's compilers are available for the majority of computer architectures and operating systems. The reason behind its huge popularity, there have some interesting facts. In this geek story we are going to discuss about them. So, let's start-
- The C language is not called C at the beginning. It evolves from ALGO. Evolution of C language: ALGO -> BCPL -> B -> Tradition C -> K&R C -> ANSI C -> ANSI/ISO C -> C99.
- C is the only language that exists for the longest period of time in the computer programming history.
- C language developed by the legend Dennis Ritchie at AT&T Bell laboratory of USA in 1972.
- C is a very powerful language that has features of both high level & low level language.
- C language is seen as the first high-level language in computer programming.
- ANSI is the published standards for C language.
- In C, identifier must be less than or equal to 32 characters.
- There have 32 keywords in C-89 & C-99 added more 5 keywords.
- C support 45 operators & they are categorized into 8 groups.
- Kernel of a most popular operating system Linux is written in C.