20 interesting facts about the Internet
The Internet is one of the busiest place on earth. Every second, approximately 6,000 tweets are tweeted, more than 40,000 Google queries are searched and more than 3 million emails are sent via Internet. It also connected our most used devices like desktop, tablet, smartphone or even smartwatch. But, there must be many more interesting things happens on the internet. Let's find out top 20 interesting facts about the Internet-
- The technology behind the Internet began back in the 1960's at MIT.
- The first website http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html, which contained information about this new-fangled "WorldWideWeb" project, and how you too could make a hypertext page full of wonderful hyperlinks is still online. Sadly, the original page was never saved, but you can view it after 2 years of revisions.
- The inventor of the modern world wide web, Tim Berners-Lee, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth.
- The internet and the World Wide Web are not the same thing: the internet is a massive network of computers and the World Wide Web is a means of accessing and sharing information across it.
- Approximately 3.2 billion people use the internet. Out of this, 1.7 billion of internet users are Asians.
- It is estimated that approximately 200 billion emails and 3 billion Google search would have to wait if the internet goes down for a day.
- 30,000 websites are hacked every day. Highly effective computer software programs are used by cybercriminals to automatically detect vulnerable websites which can be hacked easily.
- The first spam email was sent in 1978 over ARPNET by a guy named Gary Thuerk. He was selling computers.
- TheÃ‚Â first YouTube video was uploaded April 23, 2005. It's called "Me at the zoo," and features Jawed Karim, one of the youtube founders, at the San Diego Zoo and the first tweet was done on 21st March, 2006 by Jack Dorsey.