How to change primary monitor in Windows 10?
All the windows allow its users to add 2 or more monitors with their system where one monitor remains as the primary monitor and the other remains as an external monitor.
You can also change which monitor you want as a primary and which as external. In this post, we're going to mention how you can change your primary monitor in your windows 10.
Generally, gamers and streamers use the multi-monitor setup. As it will help them to monitor the stream health on one monitor and play the games on their secondary high-end monitor.
Stamps To Change Primary Monitor In Windows 10
In this operation, it is a very simple step to work on the Windows 10 operating system computer.
- First of all Right-click at any blank space on the Desktop and click on the Display Settings in the appear window.
- Here all your displays that are attached to your computer will display. You can easily search & select the screens from one another.
- Now choose the display that you want to set as the primary display.
- After that scroll down at the screen and select Make this my main display.
- If you see the Make this main display. It means that the current monitor that you are trying to set up is the primary monitor.
- That's it! Your operation was performed successfully.
Benefits of Using Multi-Display Setup
- Dual monitors increase productivity and if you're a coder or graphic designer, or a multi-tasked then you must have to use the dual monitor setup.
- You can watch tutorials or videos on one display and do your task on the other at the same time.
- If you're a streamer then a dual monitor setup will help you very much as you can open your streaming software on one display and play games on another display.
- With dual monitors, you can put all the editing tools on one screen and leave the image on the other.
- You will get enhanced visibility and larger screen space to work on.
- You can use Skype on one display and do your work on other.
Cons of Using Multi-Display Setup
- One or more displays can add the risk of distraction.
- The video card resources get divided between each display.
- External monitors cost extra and consume more electricity.
- You need a good space to add 2 or more monitors to be able to function properly.
In order to achieve suitable results, you might need to change your primary monitors. The process of changing the primary monitor is very simple and one can easily do that by following the above steps.
In case if you feel any difficulties or have any queries or doubts then feel free to ask us in the comment section. We would love to help you as soon as possible.