An important part of promoting your website is to have it listed by search engines in their search results. The higher position in search results means, more clicks and traffic for free. Good rankings in free searches is known as "search engine optimization" (SEO) which starts by having your site indexed by search engines, goes through optimizing your website content and building valuable links to it. Google is the number one search engine and it has the most dynamically changing algorithm to consider for search engine optimization, so often when we talk about SEO factors, we mean factors that will affect most of all your Google rankings. All website owners are looking for that one thing that will give top rankings with convertible traffic for as long as we hope to have them. So whenever Google announces a new factor that will influence rankings, we obsess over it.
The fact of the matter is there is no only one thing that will get you more organic traffic. Good SEO is a healthy combination of things, but it doesn't have to be the exact same combination of things, there are hundreds of things you could be doing that help your rankings. Here are the few of them -
1) Publish relevant content - Quality content is most important for your search engine rankings and there is no substitute for great content. Quality contents are needed specifically for your intended user increases website traffic, which improves your site's authority and relevance.
2) Understanding keywords of your website - Keywords are nothing apart from just the most likely phrases or words that are being used by the users to find their relevant information. Proper keywords can improve SEO ranking and organic traffic of a website. This will bring multiple benefits to both you as the site owner, as well as to the users. Choose keywords that are popularly searched for, while also relevant to your website. Identify a keyword phrase for each page. Think about how your reader might search for that specific page. Finding better keywords for your website, sites like Google Adwords provide helpful information on the number of times a word is searched for both nationally & globally.
3) Update website content regularly - Search engines are responds strongly about contents. Regularly updated content is viewed as one of the best indicators of a site's relevancy, so be sure to keep it fresh.
4) Metadata - When designing a website, each page must be include metadata information about the contents of your page inside the head tag.
Title metadata - Title metadata is responsible for the page titles displayed at the top of a browser window. It is the most important metadata on your page. A effective title tag incorporate your target keywords.
Description metadata - Description metadata is the textual summery of the page that a browser will use in your page search return.
Keyword metadata - Keyword metadata are the search phrases that people use in search bar to find your page. You need to include a variety of phrases in your page. But Google's recent search algorithm - Hummingbird, not focus in keyword metadata.
5) Plain and simple page URL - Focus on creating relevant links with text. Website URL should describe web content, do not use encrypted text (like: ?url=Xabc2654ad) or only numbers(like: ?id=13213) in URL.
6) Use alt tag - Always use alt tags (alternative text descriptions) to describe your visual content like images, videos etc. It allow search engines to locate your page, which is crucial, especially for use text-only browsers.
7) Speed up your load time - The slower your site, the longer it takes spiders to parse your page. More importantly, users have lost all patience and won't stick around for seven seconds just to see what you've offer. Increase your server response time, including your page load time by removing bugs from code and unwanted media.
To a higher rank in search result, it will take time and lot of efforts. SEO can't be done in one day or in one week and it is not a process to complete at once. To keep your website in top ranks of search engines, you need to work on it continuously and don't lose your patience. If you are in right way, it will defiantly works for you but take time.