Youtube is worldÃ¢Â€Â™s most popular and biggest video sharing website. When Youtube was created, no one ever thought that a publicly contributed video website can pull it off so big. You won't believe how vastly hugely it is. You may think Facebook Video is big, but thatÃ¢Â€Â™s just peanuts to YouTube.
Most of you know that it is a video sharing website owned by Google where users upload, view and share videos. But, here you can find some interesting know unknow facts about your favourite youtube.
- eBay and Paypal role - YouTube is the mastermind of Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim. The three founders knew each other from working together at Paypal. In fact, YouTube was initially funded by bonuses received following the eBay buy-out of PayPal. You could argue that if there was no PayPal and eBay, there would be no YouTube.
- Original intention - YouTube initially was meant to be a dating website but as the destiny played its own games, what we got today is simply amazing.
- Misunderstanding Domain - YouTube.com was registered on Valentine's Day in 2005 and it caused a huge misunderstanding for Universal Tube. Its company domain, utube.com was overwhelmed with traffic from people that tried to spell the video site's name phonetically. Later the company changed its domain name as UTubeonline and the confusion among the customers/users of both the companies was cleared.
- Grabbed by Google - In the very next year of the inception of YouTube, Google accrue at huge $1.65 billion in November 2006.
- First video - The very first video on YouTube was launched at 8:27PM on Saturday April 23rd, 2005 where one of the co-founder Jawed Karim posted the video titled "Me at the zoo" of his visit to the San Diego Zoo.
READ FULL STORY