Oct 21, 2022
5 Ways Mobile Apps Are Transforming Education Sector
The era-defining role of mobile apps for the entire education sector is already well known. Especially in recent years, hit by a global Covid pandemic when millions of school students all over the globe had to stay confined to their homes for months, mobile apps became the only lifeline for continuing education. If you want to step into the success stories of educational apps before contacting an education app development company, it is better to know the dynamics of this transformation first.
Here in this post, we will explain how mobile apps are transforming the entire education sector.
Examples of the contributions made by mobile apps to education
It is widely recognised that mobile apps now play a crucial role in the learning environment, whether within or outside the classroom. According to Marc Joker of Imperoit, "whether a student is in a school curriculum or in just a skill-driven professional learning environment, apps make significant contributions to learning in more ways than one."
Here are some great examples of how mobile learning apps significantly contribute to education.
- There is already a wide variety of educational apps catering to almost every learning environment and requirement, setting the trend for mobile learning. From technical skill development apps such as Udemy to foreign language learning apps such as Duolingo to coding classes to using Google Earth for geography classes, you have every kind of mobile educational app for your learning needs.
- Mobile educational apps allow learners to access educational content and get real-time teaching and guidance irrespective of the time or place. Ultimately this guarantees unmatched learning flexibility. Thanks to these apps, the learning sessions can be set up as others available to the learners.
- Mobile apps for video conferencing help students and teachers engage in virtual classrooms, ensuring small classes. Zoom and Google Meet are popular examples of these apps used by learners en-masse during the pandemic to continue their classes at home.
- Both teachers and learners can now use also an array of different productivity apps to track their progress, collaboration on educational content and learning processes and maintain learning schedules. Apps like Dropbox, Evernote, TeacherKit and many others can serve as examples of this category.
- Educational apps are also getting extremely popular to improve the engagement of learners. Apps such as Science 360, allowing students to learn scientific theories on an audio-visual learning platform, are great examples of such educational apps. Thanks to such apps now, students can improve their learning experience and use their skills in the right educational context.
All the above examples of mobile educational apps and their impact on education that we elaborated on here show the extreme digitisation of education and learning environments all over the globe. Shortly, we can see hundreds of educational apps pop up, creating new engagement opportunities for students and teachers.
A school accessible through a mobile app
With an education app, the school becomes accessible through a handheld device. Students, irrespective of curriculums or institutions, can open an educational app any time, anywhere, access content, engage in online tests, give answers in a gamified manner and resume from where they left off.
Through educational apps, students get access to virtual classrooms that know no boundaries and constraints of location and time. With these apps, every student has an equal share of the educational content and features for learning and evaluating progress.
Collaborative teaching & learning
Thanks to educational apps, students and teachers enjoy the flexibility of accessing educational content with ease and can attend app-based virtual classrooms from their handheld devices anytime anywhere. The remote access to classrooms allowed millions of students to continue school from their homes during the pandemic. Remote education through mobile apps can open new avenues of learning and teacher-student collaboration, whether during a crisis or at regular times.
Online educational courses offered through mobile apps have played an instrumental role across higher education institutions in ensuring required research collaboration beyond the four walls of the classrooms. By facilitating continuous and unperturbed communication and collaboration, these apps helped the students to learn proactively and allowed the teachers to impart knowledge and skills more precisely.
While in a traditional educational setup, the entire learning tools and environment follow a predetermined path equally for all students, mobile educational apps tend to offer the scope of more personalised education based on individual learning needs and capabilities.
These mobile educational apps can offer accelerated learning mechanisms for certain students with higher aptitudes. They can allow fulfilling a wider span of courses and curriculums well before the course timing per the institutional regulations.
Cognitive development of learners
In complete contrast to the traditional online learning solutions decked with various constraints, mobile educational apps offer a personalised way to impart knowledge and skills to learners across courses, subjects and skills. This personalised and learner-specific approach to education. It can play a special role in the cognitive development of students.
By their very nature, mobile learning apps can help learners with challenges and solutions for solving various problems. The continuous supply of materials and tools in improving problem-solving tools through interactive features can significantly contribute to the learners' cognitive development.
Summing It Up
It is now a well-received fact that education has been completely revamped through digital means, and modern education is increasingly depending on cutting-edge technologies. From integrating augmented and virtual reality for immersive learning experiences to using intelligent chatbots for quick testing of learning, mobile educational apps continue to offer learners the most advanced features and means. When predicting the future of mobile learning apps, we can say that integrating innovative technologies will play a critical role in these apps' future success.